Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Yummy in my Tummy




My sweet friend, Dorothy, showed up on my doorstep with a beautiful and oh so delicious cake on Sunday afternoon. Just a few days earlier we had been talking about how our mothers use to make us a red velvet cake for our birthdays. On some birthdays there would be a doll standing in the middle and the cake was rounded like a southern girl's dress. Hopefully, I will run across a photo to share with you of one of these special cakes I had when I was growing up. My birthday is very close to Christmas, so I am quite impressed my mother was able to make sure I had a cake during that busy time of the year. Since I turn the big 5-0 this year it is only fitting this token of love will officially start my celebration of the fabulous and fantastic fifty years God has blessed me with. Thanks Dorothy!

No comments: