Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall Fun

Meet Jackie. She was conceived at the Quaint Market a couple of weeks ago. My friend Jo Carol told me she had seen rusty old elements used on pumpkins for funny faces. Well, I happen to have quite a stock to choose from, so here is what I came up with.

I attached the objects with those metal thing-a-ma-jiggies you use to keep a vine up on a wall.
(Jo Carol, do you recognize the wooden pedestal I bought for $1.00 at the Aldersgate Sale?)


Also, at the Quaint Market, Becky H. and I bartered a few items. I came home with this neat Thermos to display with my growing collection, but it decided to land on my breakfast table first filled with Fall flowers.

I bought the pretty cloth hanging in the background from Bea Speck's estate sale last year. She and her husband, Henry, downsized and couldn't take everything with them.
She was an A.C.U. History professor and traveled the world.
Just roaming around her home made you feel like you were on one of her great adventures.

1 comment:

Jo Carol said...

Double WOW!! What a great fall display! I had forgotten about the pedestal that I so stupidly passed up for a dollar. Just kidding!!! It definitely goes in your world and is perfect in your display! I love Jackie!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to tomorrow and getting to hang out for a while! Estate sale...here we come!!!