Monday, January 18, 2010

Inspiring places of 2009 First Stop-Abilene

Abilene? Yes, 3 1/2 hours West is one of my places I find inspiration.

I hardly ever go to my home town without squeezing in a stop to It's About Time .

I remember their first location years ago. Several moves later it is still a fresh and fun place shop.















If you ever find yourself in Abilene check it out at 1395 Albany St. (Just off of S. 14th.)



The owner of It's About Time had my Old Homes Club over for one of our monthly meetings. I try to get back for these gatherings as often as I can. We were welcomed at the front door by the Lady in the Apron. As I recall, we were all to wear an apron from the past and tell the story behind it. I wore one of my mother's Christmas aprons she had made from red netting and hand stitched felt shapes with sequins.





An old door header loaded with a little dog whimsey. Maybe there are some good stories behind these pictures...





Cute chairs are meant to go on the wall, right?






Next, Mary Gregory's Art Studio.


Mary had the same group of ladies over for our Fall luncheon. What a wonderful day of good friends, good food and good crisp weather.
Mary lives out in the country and brought her art studio from town when they moved. Her sweet husband literally moved the building down their narrow alley in the city so it could find a roomy place to land out on the farm.


I am pretending this is my studio and I am a real artist. Maybe one of these days.






Mary's beautiful art can be found on her blog Gracious Goodness.

And last, but not least... a West Texas sunset over none other than Ft. Phantom Lake. This is not the prettiest lake by far, but I still love to hear the waves as I stroll along the shore and I even find a few shells along the way.
This is my therapy.
Thank you God.


2 comments:

mary said...

Thank you, Nancy! I am honored and thrilled that you, one of the most inspiring people I know, would find my studio inspiring! Come back anytime!!

Your new booth is beautiful.

time-worn interiors said...

It was so nice to meet you at the Red Barn! I love the way your new booth is looking! I've been to that Mall one time and I would love to go back!
Theresa