Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Simply Ella

This year's decorations at my home are simple and natural.
An evergreen wreath greets you as you enter.


Cotton, tallow berries and burlap are the main theme of the tree.
A few nests, birds and icicles also are hanging around.
My friend, Vernae, brought real cotton back for me from the fields of West Texas. Yippee !

Some of my other friends gave me Tallow berries to decorate with.
Thanks Theresa, Diane and Carole!


I think the cotton looks like snow on my tree.


I didn't want to hang every single million, zillion ornament I have on the tree so I found other ways they could still make an appearance. I literally tossed these blue and brown snowflakes in with the ironstone platters and walked away happy.
Easy peasy.

A few old light bulbs in with shredded paper and candles. Now that's going green.

Old ice skates seem to be "the thing" this year. I hung a pair of skates on an old white wooden column. I made the bells by stringing together two old light parts and one well used funnel.

I took burlap ribbon and wrapped an otherwise boring lampshade, then added one of Mr. Ella's spoon ornaments.


This glittered deer is hiding out on my kitchen island.

I thought I would just make an ornament wreath like I had seen on Eddie R's tutorial using a wire coat hanger. I skimmed over the directions and decided I would skip a step. The part where you glue the top to the base of the ornament. Well, do NOT skip this important step! The ornaments will begin to pop off as soon as you try to close the hanger back during the last step.

Anyway, I didn't hang my finished wreath in fear I would hear little crashes during the night. I think it looks pretty good though.
(It took about fifty ornaments for this...minus a few.)

Next year I will follow the directions.
Have a Merry Christmas!




9 comments:

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

Your decorations are just
gorgeous!!!
Thank you for sharing
with us :)

xoxo
Lori

time worn interiors said...

Oh Elaine everything is gorgeous! And your pictures are fabulous! I love tallow berries, always get as many as I can from Theresa. We don't have tallow berries in Ky. Well I do cause I smuggle them across state lines!

Will you be coming to the Red Barn in Jan.? Hope I get to see you there!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 2011 is gonna be a great one!

Theresa
aka:tot

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Nancy, it looks so gorgeous! Merry Christmas, T

Miss Gracie's House said...

I love it all...esp the bells...now that is thinking!
Merry Christmas~
Rene

bunnytrails said...

BBBEEEAAAUUUTIIIFUULLLL!!! Come help me do my booth for the nEW Year!

glimpse of my world said...

Love the ice skates!! Happy New Year!!

CIELO said...

What a beautiful house on your blog banner! Truly lovely!

Cielo

Eileen @ Marie CasaBella said...

Love your inspirational winter pictures!

Eileen @ Marie CasaBella said...

Great tip from your experience.