Saturday, February 12, 2011

All done

I FINALLY finished cleaning out the pantry!! I am not sure why it took me so long. Maybe because it wasn't very much fun.
I must congratulate Susie for noticing in my previous post that my spices are in alphabetical order. Sorting them like that makes it easy to find what you need without getting frustrated.
It also is the librarian coming out in me. I use to run a school library.

Go over to Susie's blog, From My Home to Yours and visit for awhile.
You will be glad you did.


My new favorite thing...Chalk Markers.
First I used black chalk paint on the tags and containers. Then I labeled them with the markers. When you want to make a change you just wipe it off with a damp cloth. That part of the pantry clean out was actually fun.


It sure is an improvement from this.
You will be glad to know this will be my last post about my pantry.


5 comments:

time worn interiors said...

If I had a pantry, I'm sure it would look like the before! LOL! The after is much better!
Theresa
aka:tot

Uncanny Festoon said...

Love those chalk markers, didn't even know they made them. Great idea to use the chalk paint on containers.


Joy...............always

Stephanie said...

Looks great - didn't it feel so good when you finished?! Great idea on the chalk markers!

bunnytrails said...

just love that librarian side or you....and believe me, I do know that side of you!! hehe

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Girl, you have a well stocked larder! I'm inspired to go grocery shopping! Not really. Congratulations on getting it organized. That's always a chore. And hey! I have that big apple! My grandmother had one that got away after she died. I found one at a yard sale and have hung onto it for years.