Wednesday, May 25, 2011

No matter what


I just realized in the middle of packing a zillion boxes that today was May 25th. Mr. Ella proposed to me on this date 31 years ago. We had driven from Abilene down to Morgan's Point where we ate at the Captain's Table Restaurant.

( It is no longer there which makes me feel old!)

We were over looking Belton Lake with a beautiful sunset when he popped the big question.

No ring, yet. That came in August. After all, we both were poor college students. Determined to live on Love. Hmm, that is a little harder than the fairy tale books.... We officially tied the knot in December that same year, 1980. I would include some photos, but they are packed and honestly the styles then were just plain ugly.


I saw this sign at a friend's house and it pretty much sums up how to make a marriage work!!


5 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

May 25th, that's just the best day of all *wink*

I sure hope and hope some more you find your table. I know how hard we work to find these things and in a split second it's gone. If only it was on your check that would be ok. Have a great Wednesday.

Ido said...

That is a lovely story! Love romantic stories, hope you can find those pictures and share with us!
XXX Ido

CindyJanesAttic said...

Love, love, love this entry ... and that sign!

Stephanie said...

Hi Nancy. Are you doing the Old Red Lumberyard in June?

Roxanne said...

Nancy!!! So glad to hear from you! I can't wait to visit your ol home. I know it will be so special! Speaking of special, I had the opportunity of meeting your dad last Tuesday. After packing for two and a half weeks my hands were blistered and angry with itchy bumps. Your father listened quietly, thinking. After a while he determined I might be allergic to something in the boxes. I got a shot and by that night I was 100 percent better. I can't thank him enough! If there is anything harder than packing up your whole house without your husband, it's packing everything with hands that hurt! He is wise and perceptive. Big hug!