instagram

Sunday

Where, What & Why

Where have I been, what have I been doing, and why have I not posted about it all? I don't know! It could be that I can't seem to take time to land long enough to put it all on my blog.
I think I needed a kick-start of inspiration. 
I found that in West Texas. Yes, in Big ol' Abilene.
I woke up early on a Thursday morning and fought my way across the DFW metroplex to make it for my Old Homes Club meeting at 11:00. My friend, Molly, has the most welcoming home.

Molly,Christie and Kay. We were treated with the best food! Thanks ladies!!
I found inspiration around every corner.

One of my favorites was the repurposed umbrella.
Molly made the pillows on the bench.
Okay, I was tempted to just crawl in...
I know you are eyeing that nest pillow on the bed. My friend Mary is a very talented artist and has a wonderful collection on her website, Fig Marmalade.
What a wall to wake up and see! Another talented friend of mine, Roxanne, painted the NEST picture for Molly.
The next morning my good friend, Jo Carol, and I set out on a hunt for treasures. We started by hitting a few Abilene garage sales without finding much. This called for a Road Trip!! A quick gas/bank/dogsitter run and we were headed south. In a  Brownwood store, I turned the corner and found Jo Carol surrounded by gumball machines (and a little dust...).
These sinks caught my attention. I was reminded that Mr. Ella and I actually pulled one of these out of our first house in 1981. 
Yikes, I have come a long way...
We were told this table and bench came out of an old school. The man selling it said he was taking it to  Warrenton. It was priced at $500.00, so if you see it at Antique Week it could be priced a little higher...



After a day of  fun junking, my sister and I took my Dad to the best movie. Seven Days in Utopia.  This film has a special meaning to my family. It is based in Utopia, Texas. Our family deer lease was in this area. We visited Utopia often when I was growing up. My mother grew up visiting here grandparents home on the Sabinal River.
There is a cemetery  that is in many scenes of the movie. This is where my great grandparents are buried and many relatives. We visited there just a year ago, where my father toured us all around. He then took us over to Uvalde where he grew up. It was extra special to see this film with him.
The movie is rated G, can you believe it? Definitely worth your time.

I am sooo glad I decided to go to West Texas. It was a great trip.

6 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

That sounds like a great movie and it looks like you had a great time as well. Your friend's place is very inviting and you know of course I love that awning! See you in a few...

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

What a fun trip! It is so nice sometimes just to take little ventures like that ~
I love all the touches in her home ~ It is beautiful!

bunnytrails said...

We did have fun, didn't we?? Then, to get to see you and John at Antique Alley was really fun! Who would of "thunk"?? Wish we could have spent more time with y'all there. Great post and great pics!!

Peggy and Elizabeth said...

LOVE those gumball machines! I've seen one at ACM for a while now. Looks like you had a fun weekend.
Hope to see you soon... Elizabeth

Brenda's Blog said...

Love your post! I am planning to attend the Hico Fair for the first time this year! Can't wait! I have a booth at LoneStar Antique Mall in Fort Worth...looking forward to it all! I recently traveled to Hico and posted about my trip as well! Can't wait to return!!! What fun it looks like you and JoCarol had!!! JoCarol and I have a mutual friend we recently found out...my BFF from High School LuAnn Curtis! Can't wait to catch up in Hico!!! Hugs...Brenda

Brenda's Blog said...

What are the treat bags about?

Hugs...Brenda