instagram

Monday

Mandatory Detours

I have told you all about mandatory detours on road trips. You remember. If there is a special store or an antique show within fifty miles of the final destination, it is a given that is where the car goes. Okay, so on our way back to Dallas from San Antonio last Saturday was the Red Barn Antique Show in Roundtop. It wasn't exactly one of those "as the crow flys" routes. Mandatory detour of course. We meandered along the beautiful Texas roads thankful the sun was shining after spending the previous days in the frigid rain. We made it and were met by a million cars parked all the way out on the highway. My Dear Hubby needed extra calming down as we entered the rain soaked parking lot. Mud. Lots and lots of mud. MDH dropped me off at the front and he kept circling for a place to land our SUV. I made it in the building and wandered around in awe at all of the wonderful displays. I took several pictures, but somehow in all of my excitement I had managed to turn one of the dials on the top of my camera. Almost all of my photos were blurry...

One photo of Teresa's displays of Garden Antqs Vintage turned out okay.
You will just have to settle with photos of what I bought and how I was inspired.

The chair springs above the mantel came from Alison's booth. Many of the Red Barn vendors had decorated with burlap. I felt so "in stlye"!

Cream on cream & vintage papers inspired me to adorn these old bottles.
I already had these industrial light fixtures in my booth. I try my best to be hip!

It was a joyful day!

7 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

E: thanks so much for stopping in and the mention of my booth. I love love the things you have in yours, esp. the spring above the mantle. What was it originally used for, do you think? Great to see you and your husband. Glad he managed the mud because it was bad wasn't it.

bunnytrails said...

Hey girl! Everything looks great!!I LOVE the springs. So cool! Are you coming to ABilene for SPQOH?? I will be in Maui that week...eat your heart out!! HEHE LOve ya, JC

trash talk said...

The spring is wonderful and makes up for having to slip and slide in the mud. We were there too...we were some of the ones parked "over" the white line and had to leave!
Debbie

Tato said...

Gostei do jeito que voce demonstra suas coisas no blog!
Adoro, antiquidades, voltarei por aqui!
Abç

creekside rummager said...

I love the springs. Over the last year or so, springs have really fascinated me.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

I am so excited to find your blog and then super excited to find that you are in McKinney~ I have to come visit soon because I am in Keller so it is close ~
YAYYY !!
xoxo
Lori

Ticking and Toile said...

beautiful! All of it!

Shellagh