instagram

Tuesday

What's Old is New for 2011

I was so excited when I picked up the Dallas Morning News last Saturday morning.
- Top home decor trends for 2011-
Something old, something new. Something borrowed, something blue. While typically the refrain for most brides, this adage holds equally true for the top home decorating trends for the new year.

Well, this had my attention. In a nutshell, the article said that vintage will be hot this year.

That was sweet music to my ears!

Reading this started my mind to stirring. I began looking through my photos of Ella-ments I had snapped pictures of hoping they could be the inspiration to pull a new look together for 2011. The vintage light pictured above hangs in one of the Historic Homes in McKinney. I love the contrast of the glass crystals and the rough ship lap boards.

Another one of McKinney's homes has this gorgeous pressed tin ceiling.

I found some photos I took when I visited one of the best stores in North Texas to buy cool architectural stuff,
Industrial Chic is one of best styles out there right now. (In my opinion.)

Of course this old screen door with the bird caught my eye. I saw this on an earlier trip to the store, but it was gone the next time I was there. Go figure.

You really can't tell in this picture how huge these corbels are. They had another matching pair too.

Now, for a few ideas of the look you can create using reclaimed, vintage, industrial chic and repurposed goods... Most of the next photos of from

I must admit, this kitchen tempted me to want an old house again. I am calling this the Romantic Prairie Style. This kitchen could easily go in the house I am using for my blog banner. So many of you have asked about this beautiful house. I don't know where it is located.(Read Theresa C.'s comment about this house.)
I had someone email the photo to me and I borrowed it...
Who says the lights have to be matchy matchy? Industrial Chic
Believe it or not, my Aunt Clara had a pink refrigerator. She always had such style. I miss her and all of her charm.
So, I am bursting at the seams from eating too much and mostly from the decorating inspiration I have seen coming at me from all directions.
Bring on the new year, baby!!

9 comments:

bunnytrails said...

Boy do I have the Industrial goodies for you!! I finally got both booths ready and I will take pics tomorrow and do a post. Take care!! Love ya, JC

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

The House you featured is called "River House" and can be found in Minnisota and is in the book, Celebrating Home-Seasons of Cannon Falls. It has a very interesting history to it as it was moved and restored in 2002 by the Seasons of Cannon Falls company and was built in 1868. It has been featured in Country Living. You might see if you can still find this book as it features the home during each holiday season.

Here On Crow Creek said...

I want that ceiling! That is going to be one of the projects I tackle in 2011(I hope);) Love your blog! New Follower.

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

What a great post!! So happy to hear Vintage is gonna be HOT! Just imagine all the good stuff we'll find!
Great blog! I have you on my sidebar!
Beth

Chrissy said...

Oh how exciting, I can't wait to see all the "new" old ideas:) I have wanted a ceiling like that for a long time.
I just found your blog and am now a follower.

time worn interiors said...

I'm to busy to think about anything but the upcoming show at the Red Barn! Will you be coming! Hope to see you there!
Theresa
aka:tot

Miss Gracie's House said...

Isn't vintage *always* in?...in my world, it is:)...those are some of my favorite CL images...just love 'em!
Rene

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

I just love love all of the pictures you
have shown !!
I totally forgot about that
shop in Fort Worth ~ I need to
go there again!!! It is soooo cool !!

xoxo
Lori

Designs by DD said...

Aunt Clara did like her pink and I enjoy the vintage style. :)