instagram

Sunday

At Home with Fall

I have been enjoying adding a few Fall touches to our home. Mr. Ella and I moved in last Christmas and have finally started to decorate. Life is funny how it throws unexpected happenings in your path along the way. 
All is good though...
We love where we live and are looking forward to the upcoming holidays.
The house was built in the 1880's or 90's. My style is  not what most would expect when walking into
a Victorian home. I have decided to bring pieces from that era into this century, but with a current pop of style.

Two large old corbels topped with an old cabinet door make the perfect entry table for holiday decorating.
A few chimney brushes, cement pipes, old horns, books and birds mixed with a touch of new mercury glass lamps greet you as you enter.
I can't wait to share more pics with you along this journey!
Visit my other blog, Romantic Prairie for photos of the reno process.

3 comments:

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

It looks like a beautiful house with lots of room to decorate. Love the corbels and door shelf and adore the wreath on the door!

Stephanie said...

Your front door is gorgeous! And I love, love the corbels!

Roxanne said...

Nancy!!! I just visited Romantic Prairie and scrolled through all of the posts about your beautiful old home and I'm squealing! What a thrill it must be to have taken on such a project and restore and repurpose this old gem back to a radiant beauty! I'm so amazed and impressed with you and Mr. Ella. Together, you make a great team. Congratulations and may God richly bless you days ahead.

Big hug!
Roxanne