instagram

Wednesday

Big H & Mini Round Top

Last week my husband had a business conference in Houston. Well, I just had to tag along because my grandson happens to live in Sugar Land which is on the outskirts of big H. The first couple of days I was stuck in a downtown hotel. This was not too exciting, but I did get to go eat lunch with my son who works downtown. He showed me how to navigate the tunnels. I never knew there was a whole other world going on under all those skyscrapers! Downtown seems to have rebounded from Hurricane Ike and is running on high octane now.

I captured this beautiful sunset out my window. If you have to be in a city hotel, this is the view to have ...






Finally we headed out to see my sweet grandson, Jackson. We took him to the Houston Zoo on Saturday. Our first stop was the carousel. He was more comfortable riding on the bench than on the tiger Nana first sat him on. (Yikes!)



I think this is such a sweet picture of father and son. Do you see those curls?



Okay, while I was in the hotel I had plenty of time to spend in Blogland. I came across an antique show to be held that Sunday


(The Urban Market Houston)


and it was on our way home! Yoo Hoo...


Dear Hubby was so thrilled.


I found the address and we promptly entered it in our GPS and "Go Go Guy" led the way.


These burlap sacks are being used to recover furniture.


Cool, but a little scratchy!



We did not get to the sale until about 12:30. I was told there were thousands waiting to get in at 9:00 that morning. Needless to say, everything seemed a bit picked over.

I loved this clever use of red faucet handles.


Carolyn Westbrook's booth. I took more photos of her booth, but there were so many people everywhere I kept getting their backsides and of course while they were bending over too.


All pink and pretty at Willow Nest's tent.


More photos are found at:


Garden Antqs Vintage


No comments: